Sewing accessory & haberdashery suppliers and recommended links
We have put together a few select Sewing accessory & haberdashery suppliers and video links that we feel will help you with your bag sewing projects. We always recommend you check out your own suppliers as well. On-line suppliers such as Etsy, Craftsy or even Ebay might also be worth exploring! We always recommend shopping around.
Depending on your budget you might choose to use a 3mm 100% wool felt for example which has good body and a lovely soft feel and is at the more luxury end. How ever if you are on a tighter budget then there are a range of 3mm polyester / polyester wool felt mixes which have a good firm weight to make your bag project. These are much cheaper and ideal if you are just starting out and learning to sew.
The Wool Felt Company – UK supplier of 3mm 100% wool felt
Cloud Craft – UK supplier of 3mm 100% wool felt
Weir Crafts – US supplier of 3mm 100% wool felt
A Child’s Dream – US supplier of 3mm 100% wool felt
My fabrics – UK supplier of 3mm polyester/polyester mix felt (ideal if you are on a budget)
Wool and Yarn Suppliers
Black Sheep Wools – for a wide variety of branded wools at super discounts (UK)
Rowan Wool – If you want the best in yarns and the latest colour palettes !
Haberdashery and sewing project accessories
Looking for the ideal twist lock clasp, chain or button can always be a challenge. Your local haberdashery generally stock a good range. However, we have found the below Sewing accessory & haberdashery suppliers to be very good value for certain items.
Bag Clasps – UK supplier for handbag clasps and locks
Adam Venture – UK supplier for handbag clasps and locks
Woven labels – UK supplier for made to order and good value woven labels
Rigeline – US supplier
Instructional sewing tutorial ‘how to’s’
If you have purchased one of our sewing patterns that requires a particular skill that you have yet to learn then you might find the video links below useful.
How to tie a Celtic Button Knot – user friendly video tutorials from the Weavers of Eternity Paracord
Piping tutorial – a really easy method to apply piping
We hope you have found this list of Sewing accessory & haberdashery suppliers useful. The list will grow as we do! Thanks.
Where else can you buy Ready To make Couture sewing Patterns ?
The Fold Line.Com
- The Adele Baguette - PDF Sewing Pattern £5.25
- The Hartswood Tote - PDF Sewing Pattern £5.25
- The 'Annie' Satchel Bag - PDF Sewing Pattern £5.25
- The 'Darling Dolly - Handmade 100% Wool Felt Handbag Purse £95.00
- The Lady Anderson - Handmade 100% Wool Felt Handbag Purse £95.00
- The 'Cute' Constance - PDF Sewing Pattern £5.25
- Makers Partnership Programme Starter Pack £75.00
- The Lucy 'Mini' - PDF sewing Pattern £5.25
- The 'Classic' Lucy - PDF Sewing Pattern £5.25
- The Bugle Messenger Knitting Pattern - on-line access £5.25
- The Lady Anderson - PDF Sewing Pattern £5.25
- The 'Darling' Dolly - PDF Sewing Pattern £5.25